Thursday, November 26, 2020

A Thanksgiving Miracle!


 Today is Thanksgiving in the USA. Our family gathering today will consist of just Shane and myself. We are staying home and cooking a somewhat traditional Thanksgiving meal. We are having turkey, but we're not cooking a full turkey. I bought turkey breast slices, which I will basically fry, but will make a bit better by adding a raspberry sauce. We'll also have mashed potatoes (microwave), stuffing (Stovetop), glazed carrots, macaroni and cheese, and yeast rolls. It is a very starchy, unhealthy meal, but it's Thanksgiving, so it is fine. 

The best part of the meal is dessert. Shane will be making an apple pie from scratch this morning. Apple pie isn't my favorite, but his apple pies are usually very delicious. We have good vanilla ice cream and whipped cream also. 

My favorite item for Thanksgiving is pumpkin pie. Our local grocery store here in Maine offer very good "Old Fashioned Pumpkin Pies" for just $2.99! I know they are good because this isn't the first one I've purchased this season. I have never made a pumpkin pie myself, but know it wouldn't be much better than these $2.99 pies. And these $2.99 pies are a lot less trouble. Anyone who knows me knows I like a bargain, and in my book being able to get such a delicious dessert for under $3 qualifies as a Thanksgiving miracle. 

It's a rainy, dreary day here in Maine today. We'll be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV and I will try to offset our meal with a run on the treadmill. 

We do have so much to be thankful for this year. We are alive and healthy (but somewhat less healthy after today's meal). It looks like our president's days in office are numbered, next year will be better with the hope of vaccines, and we will soon have a new president that isn't insane. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment