Friday, February 28, 2020

Day 25 - A Visit to My Mom's In Rising Sun, MD

We had a blast last night with our besties, the Deborah's. It was so great to catch up with them. Today, we drove from their place in Alexandria, VA, to my mom's house in Rising Sun, MD. It is only about a 2-hour drive north. My mom lives in the house I grew up in. We moved there when I was 4. Rising Sun is about half-way between Baltimore and Philadelphia. It is in the northeast corner of Maryland, just a stone's throw from Pennsylvania and about 15 minutes from Delaware. I am still a bit under the weather, so I haven't been taking pictures. Below is an old photo of me and my mom.
This is a picture of me and my mom from last summer.
We arrived at my mom's around noon and I've been resting... laying on the couch and coughing. Shane took my mom to the grocery store while I stayed home. He is the best. He helped her with her groceries for over 2 hours. She did a big shop.

Later on, my sister, Kathleen came over and we ordered Chinese food. Surprisingly, Rising Sun has very good Chinese food. We have missed good Chinese food in Maine.
This is an old photo of me and my sister, Kathleen. 
Here is the route we drove today. Our next route will take us back to our home in Stonington, Maine.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, do take care of yourself. It's not mask-wearing circumstances, at least not yet. Hope you get over it quickly - and can have safe and speedy onward travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up Stonington. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if they'd seen anyone Asian there. I do love ME though.

    ReplyDelete