Friday, February 14, 2020

Day 11 - Hiking In Sedona and Puppy News!

We spent the night in Sedona, Arizona, and slept in a bit. In the morning we went into town and did a little shopping and had an early lunch.
I loved this pulled pork sandwich I had in Sedona.
And of course Shane had a burger.
After lunch we eventually found a trailhead that lead to the Devil's Bridge outside of Sedona. This hike was recommended by my niece, Kelly. I always thought Kelly liked me, but am now starting to wonder. Obviously, she is trying to kill me. I need to find out if she purchased a life insurance policy on me. At any rate, it didn't work. We survived.
A professional shot of Devil's Bridge. I didn't like my any of my shots.
Devil's Bridge is the largest natural sandstone arch in the Sedona area. From a trailhead elevation of 4,600 feet, there's a 400 foot climb in altitude during a fairly difficult, 1.8-mile roundtrip trek. We parked at the Mescal Parking Area, which adds another mile and a half each way. Below are some shots of the hike and Shane walking out on to the bridge. I could not. Shane wasn't happy with the shots I took and wanted to go out again, but it freaked me out so much when he did it, that I refused. I looked up how many people have died by falling off this thing... it has no sides and is only a few feet wide at its most narrow section. Only one person has reportedly fallen off and died (in 2014), but I can't believe more haven't. It scared the crap out of me.
Taken from the car!
Crazy people on the far edge of the bridge.
As close as I got.
While we were at the Devil's Bridge, though we had spotty cell coverage, we got a text from our friend JoAnn that her Labradoodle, Ellie, was going to have at least a 6-pack of puppies. She had previously told us that we could have one if she ever got pregnant. We are going to be daddies! Below is a picture of the mother-to-be,  a picture of both parents (Walter) and a video of Ellie's ultrasound,
The father, Walter (r) is Phantom Labradoodle based on the mixed color of his coat.
We came back to our room and showered after our hike and then met our friend Martha for a drink at a Mexican restaurant. I had three margaritas. Three. That is a lot for me. After drinks, we came back to the resort were were staying and went to dinner at the resort restaurant. We both had salads. Now we are back at our rooms watching Seinfeld. Tomorrow we are headed to LA.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to get a puppy! Three margaritas was too much for me. They were big.

    ReplyDelete